It is both simple to implement and often results in easy money. Yes, it can result in easy money.
A direct sales operation for a Web site means that its staff contacts potential advertisers to persuade them to buy ad campaigns.
- A typical sale may take weeks, months and sometimes even years to develop after:
- Identifying a potential customer
- Contacting that customer
- Convincing the customer to accept a meeting
- Developing and presenting a proposal
- Negotiating specific terms of an agreement including price, impression level, etc.
- Having second and third meetings
- Closing the deal or receiving a rejection
The investment of time is significant. A typical close ratio online ranges from 5 to 10 percent of total contacts. Although the odds of getting a contract are low, the revenue from a closed deal usually makes up for the labor that failed to produce a contract with the 10 to 20 other attempts.
Effective sales promotion can reduce that investment of time and increase the odds of closing a deal. Continue reading “Sales Promotion Lays Groundwork for Extra Revenue”